Saturday, 7 September 2013

Meridiens News......

Hello Fellows:

 This a huuuggge  water Monitor we found at Cape Tribulation. He is about 2 metres long. He is having a sunbake to warm up his cold blooded body.


 
I saw a big crocodile in a river. It was about 5 metres long!!!!  Crocodiles like warm murky water. Just like this river.
 
 
 
 
These are my cousins from England. My cousins are called Jade, Callum, Cameron and Jessica. Here I am on Green Island where the Great Barrier Reef is. I snorkelled so much and saw giant clams, different color coral, squids, tropical fish and giant turtle. It was incredible.
 
 
 

 

 
I went to a Butterfly Sanctuary. At the sanctuary they have a baby butterfly house where they had caterpillars and crysalis for the Ulysses and Bird Wing butterfly.  In this photo I am holding a very old, slow and injured butterfly. I also held a Bird wing and lots of other lovely colored butterflies. I thought this place was very interesting.
 

 
These pics are from BirdWorld. I really liked the Blue Indian Ringed Neck. I had a Macaw land on my hat and it nibbled the badge off my hat. I wasnt very happy. Then it decided to take my hair tie too.
 

 

 
Jade and I made a hand made pond on the beach at Palm Cove.
 
 

 
At Paronella Park I got to feed lots of fish and eels but I loved these little snapping turtles. Paronella Park is a 100 year old castle built by a spainish guy that had a dream of doing one and offered the place for visitors to relax. There was a Ballroom tennis courts, walks, and places to eat. But a cyclone and a fire and flood destroyed most of it. I saw some cute little fire flies they are like mini airplanes.
 

 
Here I am playing coconut bocci right next to our camp at Mission Beach. We camped right on the beach.
 
 

 
I am now at Airlie Beach. Last night I saw a stunning Green Tree Frog. Isnt he beautiful??????
 
 
Byyyeeeeeeee
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.