Sunday, 28 July 2013

Hi Folks....

 
I am at the edge of Kings Canyon. Its very high up, but the view is magnificent.

This is Kings Creek Station. I just met a new pal. The dogs here are very friendly and there is quite  a few others around. I named this on China.
I have a new friend her name is Charlie. she has a younger brother called Will. The names are spelled the same way as the Dunstans.

This baby camel loves to eat cooked toast for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
 
 
 
 
There were lots of Devils Marbles, but only one Dung Beetle, me!!!
 

 
In Bitter Springs, Oh my, its sooooo warm in and I saw some big fresh water turtles.
 

 
It was such a lovely sunset to watch from the Mindil market here in Darwin.
 

 
At Territory Wildlife Park I met a Wedge tailed Eagle called Akira. The main difference of the Wedge tail you can tell from other birds is its tail is longer, squarer with a diamond shape.
 

 
This friendly little Wallaby is called a Rock Wallaby. It hops around minding its own business.

 
The snake was called Russelle. It’s a friendly python and I got to feel her. She felt like silky rubber.
 
Amity, the Northern Territory is covered by Woodland type environment. Up to 85% of the land here is Woodlands. Its bushy with trees and lots of dead leaves on the ground and waterholes like Billabongs that form after the monsoon weather that can happen up here. A monsoon bad heavy rain and storms that go on for a few months. The types of animals you will find in the Woodlands are:
 
wallaby
snakes
goanna
lizards like the frill necked
crocs
beautiful birds like kingfishers
geckos
reptiles
lots of nocturnal animals like bats, sugar gliders, quolls, bush rats,
 
I learnt this at the Territory Wildlife Park.  I miss you.....
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.