| I have made a great friend to play with. Her name is Sophie. |
I would like to talk about Coober Pedy....this name means White Mans Burrows in aboriginal.
At Coober Pedy 6.00 in the morning, miners would go to work in the Opal fields, searching for Opals. We went too. Mum found a hhuuuggggeee opal, its worth a fortune. I reckon mum would have fainted if it was any bigger.
| This is NOT mums opal guys, it is just how pretty they are. |
| We are noodling. Noodling is when you search through rocks trying to find Opal or crystals. I found a few Opals by: using a special technique by looking for colourful sparkles in the sun.
|
Today I went on a camel ride. The camel I rode was called Bonnie. It was a bumpy, relaxing ride. I nearly fell asleep. They have a very fluffy and warm coat, and they only have teeth on the bottom jaw because they rechew their food like cows. I loved the baby camel who is being looked after because she was attacked by wild dogs. Her name is Scruffy, because she has a very scruffy coat. Camels wear bells around their necks so when they are out in the dunes, so the people can hear them.
I bought a toy camel and I called it Bonnie.
So far, I am having a great time doing new things, being entertained, having fun with my new friends and family.
Chat to you soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.